We are thrilled to be part of the cultural vibrancy in the Central Louisiana / Alexandria community. Your support will help us to enhance our quality of life by bringing outstanding cultural productions to our area. We were especially excited to enable our region’s students, some of which have never been to a performing arts theatre, to attend and experience professional performances and productions. We were able to accomplish the following this past season because of your generosity:
- Incredible musical performances by NPR star and Austin musician of the year Gina Chavez, as well as the sensational multi Grammy nominated Afro-Caribbean band Tiempo Libre!
- Enriching the Winterfête experience with the addition of the cirque show SHIMMER.
- Professional theater presentations of NYC based Aquila Theatre’s production of Mary Shelley’s FRANKENSTEIN, as well as Louisiana’s own internationally renowned LIGHTWIRE THEATER.
- School outreach programs bringing world-class performances and educational opportunities to over 1250 under-served students in our community.
- Hosting the Southern Circuit of Independent Filmmakers, bringing award-winning films and filmmakers to our Cultural District for a uniquely interactive experience.
In addition to the quality professional productions presented, the Arts Council of Central
Louisiana continues our mission to develop and encourage the arts in the following ways:
- Facilitating grant programs funded by the Louisiana Division of the Arts and the RoyOMartin Foundation providing funding to organizations from 8 Central Louisiana Parishes, including cultural partners such as the Alexandria Museum of Art, the Arna Bontemps African American Museum, City Park Players, Rapides Symphony Orchestra, River Oaks Square Arts Center, and the T.R.E.E. House Children’s Museum, reaching over 45,500 people in our region.
- Continuing to provide critical technical assistance and affordable pricing to users of facilities operated by the Arts Council, including the Coughlin-Saunders Performing Arts Center, Hearn Stage, Frye Nonprofit Development Center, and the Arts Incubation Suite.
- Continuing the production of the semi-annual ArtWalk, showcasing local and regional artists.
- Playing an active role in successful advocacy for the arts on a local, state, and national level to preserve institutions as the NEA and NEH, to ensure funding and access to the arts for all.
Your donation will allow us to continue to provide and support these vital services. Your contribution of $100.00 or more will establish you as an Arts Council Member, providing you member rates on all Arts Council events, as well as recognition in playbills throughout our season. Your donation makes a difference, regardless of size.
If you would like an active role in what we do, whether through volunteering or becoming a sponsor, please feel free to contact me at (318) 484-4470.
Thank you for helping the arts thrive in Central Louisiana!
Matthew E. Henry – Executive Director
Nydia G. Freedman – Board President
Questions about the Arts Council? Please contact: Matthew Henry, Executive Director, Arts Council of Central Louisiana. Telephone: 318-484-4470. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.